Monday, August 14, 2017

Worth the Ride SALE


Worth the Ride by Casey Peeler



Blurb:
Single father, Weston Parker is set in his ways, and raising his daughter is his top priority.  But his ten-year-old feisty little girl is growing up faster than he ever realized.  Her go-getter attitude is one he's seen before--mainly on himself.  When she starts trading in her ponytails for makeup, Weston realizes he just might be in over his head.

Dedicated and driven veterinarian, Timber Sellers always knew that she'd head back home, but she wasn't quite ready for it to happen so soon. Running into the stubborn and bossy Weston from her high school days doesn't make it any better either.  But when she meets his spunky daughter, Timber knows she's right where she's supposed to be.  As Timber grows closer to Weston's daughter, his rough exterior softens.  Suddenly, the heat between them explodes and neither can deny the attraction. Weston always goes after what he wants, and this time, he wants a future with Timber.

Quotes:
“For nine months I’ve prayed that this is all a dream and that I didn’t make the biggest mistake of my life.”
“Timber, a man’s ego is as vulnerable as a woman’s heart.”
“Look, just spit that shit out. You sweating bullets isn’t your best quality.”
Excerpt 1:
As I start to grab my clutch, he slides his rough hands down my arm, making me shiver. Pausing, he smiles then guides his other hand behind my neck and brings his lips to mine in front of the entire restaurant. Holy smokes. This kiss isn’t over the top. It’s gentle but deliberate as he stakes his claim in front of an audience. My body wants to surrender to him in this moment, but my mind tries to fight it. My body wins as I place my hand on his chest and kiss him back. When I begin to completely lose myself in this moment, he pulls away, slides my chair under the table and then places his hand on the small of my back as he leads me out of the crowded restaurant. As we walk out, all eyes are on us, and if there was ever any chance of me resisting the man beside me, it’s all been shot to hell.
Reaching the truck, I pause for him to open the door. Climbing inside, my mind spins thinking about what’s next.
As the engine roars to life, he looks to me. “Want to finish what we started?” He grins and, damn him, yes I do, but I also swore I wouldn’t go into this head first at a million miles an hour.
“I told you, you’d have to earn this. I’m not cheap,” I say with a wink.
“Never said you were, sweetheart. I got plans, and they include going very, very slow.”
“Prove it.”




Connect with Casey
Instagram: @AuthorCasey



#worththeride #sweetsouthernreads #caseypeeler #singledad

No comments:

Post a Comment